If you don’t want to continue with your current AOL account and thus are looking for a guide on how to delete AOL account, then you are at the correct place. It will become easy for you to delete your AOL account after reading this guide. You will also get to know about steps to perform if you have forgotten the password of the account and would still want to delete the account, then keep reading this guide.
To Delete AOL Account – Things To Keep In Mind
Before performing the steps to delete AOL account, here are a few things that you should keep in your mind:
Prepare a backup for AOL Contacts
- It will be good to prepare a backup of the important documents, contacts, and emails. These may be required in the future.
Pay Dues Of myAOLaccount If any
- You also have to look for the subscriptions that you have paid for. These may be connected to the AOL account. Any dues remaining for the same can be cleared and the subscriptions might be unsubscribed.
Eliminate issues with your social media logins
- You also have to check if any social media accounts are connected to the AOL email address. Deleting the AOL email can cause issues with the social media account.
Inform Priorly To Contacts – Or Provide alternate mail address
- You might inform your contacts that you are deleting the AOL email address. They may have been using the same address to contact you. Giving them an alternate email will be good for communication.
Steps To Close AOL Account Safely?
What is the process to close AOL account permanently? The process for doing so is to go to the official website of AOL and sign in to the email account. Then you can follow the instructions and will be able to use the AOL account. Follow the instructions given below, to begin with, the process of deleting AOL account:
- Using the web browser, Access AOL email login page.
- Fill in the password and email address and then press the button for signing in.
- Once you have logged in, scroll down and go to my account option. Now, you will be redirected to the service page.
- Look for my account and then you will see the link for subscription management or manage my subscriptions. Click on this link and proceed further.
- Now, the section of plan information will be there on the right side, you are required to click on cancel.
- The cancellation window will now open and you have to click on cancel AOL account.
How To Permanently Delete The Free AOL Account?
In case you are looking to delete the AOL account without any hassle, then keep reading the points that are mentioned below. By performing the steps that are mentioned, you will be able to save time in order to terminate the AOL account.
- Open the web browser of your choice and enter “https://aol.mydashboard.oath.com/delete-my-account“. This will redirect you to the cancellation page.
- If you are asked to log in to the free AOL account, then provide the email address.
- Click on next and enter the password of the AOL Gold account.
- Now, you have to click on the sign-in option and hit the button to continue to delete your account.
- Enter the complete address of the AOL account.
- Hit Enter for yes, terminate this account.
- When you receive a prompt, click on getting it.
Your AOL account after this will be deleted. When the AOL account is free, there are no subscriptions required for you to cancel. Also, no payments have to be done. Therefore, this process to close AOL account is relatively easy.
Cancel AOL Account via Answering A Security Question?
In this section, you will get to read about the points that you have to perform to delete the AOL account by answering the security questions. Therefore, you can easily delete the account.
- In the beginning, you have to visit my account page.
- Enter the credentials that are required for signing into the AOL Gold Existing account.
- Now, you have to answer the security question.
- After giving the answer, press continue.
- From the service options, visit the link to manage my subscriptions.
- Now, click on cancel and after that, you will see a dropdown menu to choose the reason for canceling the AOL account. Select the reason for canceling it.
- Click on the button to cancel AOL.
Following these steps, your AOL account will be deactivated instantly. If you wish to abort or cancel the same, then click on ‘keep my plan’.
How To Terminate AOL Account Permanently On Your iPhone?
For iPhone users, the steps provided here to delete an AOL account are easy to understand and perform. It can be done by visiting the settings on the iPhone. Here are the details of this method:
- Make sure that your iPhone is not locked.
- Click on settings and then go to mail, contacts, and calendars.
- Your AOL account needs to be selected and for that scroll down and click on delete account.
- Now, click on delete from my iPhone.
Within a few minutes, your AOL account of yours will be removed from the iOS device.
Thus, in this guide, we have provided different methods on how to delete AOL account easily. However, if you are still facing difficulty while performing these steps or facing can’t delete my AOL account, then you can contact our email experts for better assistance.